I was 6 years old when my parents took me to the Edsa “Revolution" (as an adult I can no longer say that with out quotation marks). All I remember was people carried our car & made it part of a barricade. It was like Woodstock (or how I imagine Woodstock to be).
I was in my early 20s when me & my friends attended Edsa 2. At that time it felt like we were part of something really important & that it was going to make things better. We all know how good that turned out.
This morning I went to the Million People March at Luneta. I had not planned to go but I saw this awesome looking shawarma food truck on someone’s instagram, so I went when a friend asked me to.
It was so surreal. Thousands of rich* people with fire in their hearts raising their clenched fists while the poor people were busy running around selling all sorts of stuff like water, umbrellas & picnic mats. The poor folks didn’t seem to give a damn on what the rally was about. It was such a surreal thing to witness.
The shawarma truck I wanted to try was not really open & seemed to have just parked in the rally area.
*by rich, I mean the people who are not part of the masses, those who live in decent houses & have savings. Those who do not earn just enough to eat for a day (which is the status of most Filipinos). Though there were so many people there who looked like they could be the boss of the company you worked for.
- onemorepageplease likes this
- jadedinmetroland likes this
- krbsmrqz likes this
- thewanderingintrovert likes this
- graceistumblng likes this
- thegirlwithabluehat reblogged this from misteravid
- no-touchies likes this
- yapitori likes this
- cardinalfire likes this
- orangeuhuh likes this
- theonlinedialoguebox likes this
- bel-chiaro-di-luna likes this
- kimacunanan likes this
- ikashares likes this
- abeerox likes this
- half-formed-things likes this
- hereonspacemountain likes this
- velym likes this
- imyourcrystalmaiden likes this
- kikowillsurvive likes this
- lie-lane likes this
- feannekitty likes this
- kwinarbs likes this
- karlnolatari likes this
- burntbrain likes this
- chrismeansalottome reblogged this from misteravid
- ellorish likes this
- theotheralexcastro likes this
- dailydoseofjena likes this
- binibiningkurdapya likes this
- randominiqueen likes this
- robcham likes this
- waitwhat-didyoujust likes this
- lospaziobianco likes this
- itisveryoverrated likes this
- misteravid posted this